Thursday 28 January 2010

What a fantastic month!




When I last blogged, I mentioned that I was going to see some racking that Sainsbury's were donating to us. Since then the racking - which turned out to be fantastic supermarket shelving - has been delivered. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the size of the truck that delivered it! Altogether we have 16 pallets of racking which will be assembled early March with our hope to have the warehouse up and running by early April.

This month has also seen a wonderful joint sponsorship by Mortgage Rescue Network (Part of the Rapid Property Group) and Mercedes-Benz. This relationship will provide the funding and ongoing servicing / maintenance for a 57 plate Mercedes Sprinter van which will enable us to start our Mobile Food Bank. All being well we will take delivery of the vehicle on 1st March - watch this space for further updates.

I certainly hope that February is as exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment